Most modern homes opt for concrete entranceways thus they call on a Southside concrete contractor in New York City. It is a cheaper option than brick. It is low in maintenance because it does not need to be resealed every year just like blacktop and asphalt driveways.
Concrete is a strong material that could last for many years, but of course not forever. After using your concrete driveway for many years, it may develop cracks and stains. Some portions may also chip off.
A beautiful concrete driveway adds to the curb appeal of your New York City home. It can make your home look elegant and attractive. Aesthetics though is not the only thing important to a driveway. It, more than anything else needs to be durable so it can stand the test of time.
Whether you are building a new concrete driveway or repairing an existing one, it is always best that you work with a qualified and reliable concrete contractor NYC. You can find concrete contractors everywhere in New York City and find the right one requires due diligence.
Know What You Want
The moment you decide you want a concrete entranceway, research on your options. It is best that you have an idea of what you want before talking with concrete contractors in Manhattan. Knowing what you want will allow you to ask the contractor the right questions.
You have a variety of options for concrete driveways:
- Patterned Concrete
- Stamped Concrete
- Concrete Overlays
- Colored Concrete
- Concrete Dyes
- Stained Concrete
Any of these concrete entranceway options will definitely look good in your home.
Save the Headaches
Hiring the wrong concrete contractor in New York City will surely give you a lot of headaches before, during or after installation. It will also waste a lot of your time and money.
Here is a timeline you can follow to make sure you hire the right concrete contractor for your NYC entranceway.
- Research on options for your concrete driveway. As mentioned above, there are a variety of options you can choose from.
- Make a list of possible concrete contractors you can work with.
- Contact the contractors on your list. A reliable contractor will always almost respond to your inquiry at the shortest time possible. The response time will give you a hint on how a concrete contractor conducts his business.
- Ask for a written estimate. The contractor will ask for the total area of your driveway and the type of concrete you want to be installed. These details should be included in the estimate:
- Cost of installation and inclusions. If you have an existing concrete driveway, it should be clear if demolition is part of the total cost. Is cleaning up after installation part of the cost?
- Description of the job to be done.
- How long it will take for the job to be done.
- Mock-up sample.
- Terms of payment.
5. Verify the reliability and trustworthiness of the prospective concrete contractors.
- Ask for samples of past jobs.
- Ask for references.
- Ask if they are licensed, insured and bonded.
- Ask if they provide a warranty for their job.
- Check their status with the Better Business Bureau
6. Compare estimates. While cost is important, it should not be the only factor to consider when choosing the right residential concrete contractors in NYC. Choose the contractor that strikes a balance between a good cost, a good job, and good business ethics.
7. Ask for a written contract. When you have finally made your choice, ask for a written contract. The contract should include each and every detail you and the concrete contractor have agreed on. The terms of payment should also be included.
Approval of the sample is important before the start of the project to make sure you and your contractor have the same things in mind.
Installing or repairing a concrete driveway requires the right skills, patience, and precision. Do your homework so you can ask the prospective contractors the right questions. It is only by asking the right questions will you be able to evaluate their reliability and trustworthiness.
Remember to talk to at least 3 concrete contractors in New York City before making the final choice. Remember too that when there are any doubts in your mind, always trust your gut feeling.
The local concrete contractors in Nyc you choose can either make you enjoy your new concrete driveway or give you a lot of headaches.